Terms and Conditions
The Booker hereby offers to use the Marae on the terms and conditions set out herein and to pay the price charged. Te Runanga o Koukourarata Society Incorporated (referred to herein as “TRoK” “we” or “us”) accepts the Booker's offer, subject to availability, by receiving the bond and processing the booking.
1 House Rules
You, the Booker, shall ensure the House Rules and the Hazard Management Plan are complied with at all times.
No alcohol is to be consumed / brought on to the marae;
- Water is scarce. We survive on collected rainwater. Please do not waste it;
- Please respect the marae and ensure conduct does not disturb or cause a nuisance to residents of Port Levy or other users of the marae;
- Do not use the marae for any purpose which is or may be illegal or injurious to the reputation of the marae;
- Do not mark, paint or otherwise damage or deface any part of the marae;
- Do not bring any dangerous chemical, liquid, gas or inflammable material on to the marae;
- Use appliances in accordance with the Manufacturer's instructions;
- Food is not to be taken into the whare;
- UPON ARRIVAL
- The marae will be open when you arrive;
- Park motor vehicles outside the property. There are 2 /3 designated parking spots within the boundaries of the marae however these are reserved for Kaumatua or those with a disability parking permit;
- Vehicle entrance to the mare is through a 'one way' system. Drive through the top and follow the driveway to exit along the beachfront;
- DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS WITHIN THE MARAE GROUNDS;
- Appoint fire wardens;
- Become familiar with fire exits, location of fire extinguishers and fire procedures;
- Appoint a safety warden to assess your planned activities and identify hazards and prepare a Hazard Management Plan where necessary.
- DURING YOUR STAY
- Ensure all designated fire exit doors (those with 'Exit' signs above them) are unlocked whenever people are on the marae;
- Ensure all activities are adequately supervised where required;
- Record all accidents in the Register of Accidents book which is located in the basket by the phone in the kitchen.
- UPON DEPARTURE
- Mattresses and pillows are to be stacked neatly in the mattress room;
- Vacuum the whare floor;
- Sweet and mop kitchen floor with the appropriately labelled mop/broom;
- Cleaning products are in the cleaning cupboard by the men's wharepaku;
- Clean dishes / cutlery and put away;
- Clean benchtops and wipe with multi-purpose cleaner;
- Clean toilets, hand-basins and walls around the basins with multi-purpose cleaner;
- Clean showers with cleaning product supplied;
- Put dirty sheets in laundry bag located in the linen boxes in the whare;
- Put dirty laundry from the kitchen in the laundry bag provided under the servery;
- Vacuum dining room and mop with the appropriately labelled mop.
- Rubbish bins are provided for use. PLEASE ENSURE THAT RUBBISH IS SORTED APPROPRIATELY I.E. RECYCLING INTO THE YELLOW BIN AND LANDFILL INTO THE RED BIN.
- Food waste is to be emptied into the black rubbish bin located by the bins outside the kitchen door.
- Complete the departure inspection report and note if there is any damage. This form is in the basket by the phone in the kitchen.
2.1 You agree to reimburse TRoK for any damage to the Marae, building or chattels and the cost of any additional cleaning required if the $300 bond does not cover this expense.
2.2 For all purposes including any legal proceedings, a statement in writing by TRoK as to the amount due or owing shall be accepted as conclusive evidence of the amount owing hereunder.
3.1 A bond of $300.00 must be paid within 10 working days after the Office of Te Runanga o Koukourarata claims your booking by way of phone call / email and/or letter. Providing there are no breakages or damage on the marae, this will be reimbursed within 20 working days of your day hire or noho.
An invoice for your visit will be issued soon after your booking has been confirmed.
These payments are to be made to the following account:
(c) Name: Te Runanga o Koukourarata Society Incorporated.
3.2 Payment for the marae hire and patronage, must be paid by the final day of your stay.
4.1 In the event of a tangihanga, you will be asked to vacate the premise. In this event, any pre-paid hire frees (including BOND where applicable), will be reimbursed within 20 working days.
4.2 You may cancel your booking by written notice to us however your bond will be forfeited if notice of cancellation is received less than 10 days prior to the start of your visit.
4.3 We may also cancel your booking on 7 days written notice to you. Our liability to you shall be limited to refunding in full, the bond you have paid.
5 Our Marae
Sleeping in the whare and/or wananga. Sleeping arrangements are not segregated although there will be sufficient space to spread out, dependents on the number attending. Mattresses, sheets, pillow slips and some pillow will be provided however you are more than welcome to bring your own.
You are more than welcome to self-cater. We have sufficient kitchen equipment to cater to your needs.
If you wish to have someone cater for you, we have a caterer in the bay who often caters for coups here for a day hui or overnight etc. This is deemed a private arrangement for which TRoK has no involvement or liability.
Te Aroha Daken
03 3293 342 / 027 4190 143